Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Berets for Sale - Again!

I am very happy to announce that the new stock from Spain has come in!

Unfortunately, school holidays mean I get not much time behind the computer (being the main caregiver in this household), but I'll do my best to get them all on the web site soon.
There is a good number of Elósegui Super Lujo's, all in Black, 28cm with satin lining and a beautiful embroidered label in the Basque language. It's Elósegui's top of the line - I haven't come across any beret that comes close!

Then plenty of Elósegui Exposicion Tupida's, by popular request - Black and in 28cm with a variety of linings.
Some people struggle a bit with the cost of the berets I sell and yes, they do cost a fair sum of money and you can find a Chinese or Indian made alternative for a fifth of the price of mine. Really, there is no comparison though - these Spanish merino wool berets are of an exceptional quality; in comfort, in wear and in durability. To offer a more affordable alternative, I now ordered a dozen Boinas Basica as a try out and I must say, I am very much impressed with the quality of these berets by Boinas Elósegui.
They come in Black, 28cm with satin lining and an embroidered label. Lighter than the above mentioned Super Lujo and Tupida , not as dense a weave, but a beautiful smooth finish and extremely comfortable to wear - I'll keep one for myself!

Last, I am awaiting another shipment from Argentina: more of the popular unlined Boinas Espinosa, in Black and Navy, 26 and 28cm; Tolosa Tupida's in Black, Navy and Green - a very nice larger diameter (30cm) beret with lining/without headband and, as a try-out a number of Espinosas and Tupida's with lining and headband in fixed sizes.

I promise to have these all available on-line by next Monday night (the Argentinean ones later next week)!


No comments:

Post a Comment