Friday, June 15, 2012

A Note for German Customers - Again

Last February, I published a post on the German Customs Service, or to be more precise, on the complete opposite of the famous German efficiency when it concerns importing small parcels that contain one or two berets.
Those days, 4 months ago, I optimistically told German customers that they should expect delays of 2 weeks, but I now know that the Bundesgrenzschutz (German Customs) happily delays deliveries of my berets up to 5 - 6 weeks!
Wanting to provide 1st class service, I regularly sent out replacements, only to hear that the original parcel arrived 2 weeks later. Needless to say I am getting very frustrated.
I place no restrictions on countries where customers come from and from all the 100's and 100's of parcels that I sent across the planet over the years, only two got lost - and that wasn't in South or Central American countries, Africa or Asia... 
So yes, I'm sorry to advise customers from Germany to expect loooong delivery times. The berets do arrive, but you need to practice some serious patience. 


1 comment:

  1. yes! i waited 4 weeks for my beret but that were fast compared to some clothes i ordered from the U.S.A., when customs held my parcel for almost 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete