Monday, October 24, 2016

The Caudillo at Boinas Elósegui

I found the photographs below on an auction site; not the kind of photos I like to associate with one of my favourite beret manufacturers, but at the same time, who knows what the people at Boinas Elósegui really thought of the visit of Generalissimo Franco to their factory at the time...
The date of the visit is unknown to me, but looking at Franco, I guess it must have been during the 1950's.
Of course, Boinas Elósegui is based in the heartlands of the Basque Country where Franco's popularity was very low. 
First it was the Republican Army and the International Brigades that they supplied with berets, but it didn't take long before Franco conquered Tolosa and production changed to the Fascists.
Interesting photos though.

No comments:

Post a Comment